Sunday, March 13, 2016

Week 9 Reading Reflection

For this reading I have one thing to go under both questions of what surprised me and confused me the most in this reading. The thing that surprised me the most was the concept of the guerilla marketing. It surprised me simply cause of the term "guerilla" to be honest and being that I am Colombian I never forget the one time someone brought up something about the guerillas in Colombia and I was completely oblivious to it because my experiences in Colombia had never ever felt dangerous the way the media has portrayed it. Anyways (I digress), it surprised me because of that but I also felt a little confused about the concept. From what I think I understood its an advertising strategy in order to sell a product with a little amount of budget involved in order to get as much out of it as possible. What also surprised me about this concept was that the strategies are mostly really unusual or unconventional ways of promoting a product so I found that interesting as well. What I really appreciated about this chapter was that it just talked about the various marketing challenges entrepreneurs face which I felt we could all relate to as entrepreneurs. Not specifically right now in our lives for most of us but it was relatable in the sense that it helped us to see that these risks we think of are actually risks and challenges that all entrepreneurs face. If there was anything I could ask from the author I think it would be to try include more anecdotes of people who faced such challenges, good examples would be like the stories of Walt Disney and even in more contemporary pop culture the artist The Weeknd. Another thing I would ask is to maybe analyze the psychological skills that entrepreneurs can and should incorporate when facing these challenges to promote self help skills. Overall, I didn't disagree with anything the author said and as I previously mentioned, on the contrary, I really appreciated everything about this chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment