Another entrepreneur that I loyally follow that goes by the name "YesJulz" is someone I absolutely admire. YesJulz has become a very popular personality over social media using platforms such as snapchat and instagram to promote her projects that involve some of the biggest names in the sports world and both the music and fashion industries. She too is based out of my hometown Miami and definitely a person I would love to meet and aspire to be like when it comes to her insurmountable energy.
As an innovation academy student, entrepreneurship is something we closely analyze in order to put our innovative ideas into real life prototypes. During my freshman year showcase, I was part of a group that had to design an entire business and prototype of an innovative form of transportation. The company my group and I created called "Special Delivery" created a retrofittable delivery system for mail. The way it worked was through a pneumatic transport system which facilitated the delivery of mail from the mailbox into the home with just a flip of the switch making it highly practical and safe not to mention favorable for capitalizing home value. This project lead my group which was one out of 12 to win 3 out of the 6 awards given out. It was a really cool experience and also a very fun process that made us all so happy and reassurance that hard work really does pay off in the end.
Back in Peru, my little brother (17 years-old so not so little) is also in the Innovation Academy at our high school Colegio Franklin Delano Roosevelt American School of Lima. My brother has achieved so much from his junior to senior year from filming a documentary to participating in the marketing development of a Pepsi commercial. His latest projects have been the creation of a podcast and his company DipitZ. Sometimes he makes me feel like I'm not doing enough but that never gets in the way of how proud I am of him.
Check out his blog here: https://oscarcartagenajr.squarespace.com/
I enrolled in this class partially because I need it for my Innovation academy minor but as I've been able to set up this blog and freely express myself about different topics I've really been able to enjoy the time I've put into it. I'm excited for whatever else might come of this course. From this course I hope to gain tips that will help with learning about self-sufficiency and determination when you have a goal that you want to achieve whether that be in business and entrepreneurship or beyond.



Hi Cindy!
ReplyDeleteThank you very much for sharing your Entrepreneurship story! What I liked most about your post was that the entrepreneurs you listed are the same age (or very close to being the same age) as us! Just goes to show that it's never too early to start acting entrepreneurially.
With regards to your blog post, I think you did a great job. Wording and grammar is good and I definitely got an idea of why you decided to take this class. The only thing I would change is the placing of the images. Readers will benefit much more from images if they are placed near the topics they are referencing. (see my blog post for an example: http://justslothin.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-entrepreneurship-story-sebastian.html
With regards to your blog overall, I would recommend playing with the style a bit. Take advantage of the fact that you have to make a blog and have fun! Add a background image, change the fonts, etc.
Once again, thanks for sharing and here's my blog post if you're interested in reading: http://justslothin.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-entrepreneurship-story-sebastian.html
Hi Cindy!
ReplyDeleteLoved your examples, they are so different from anything I would have came up with. I so surprised when you mentioned YesJulz, she’s so cool I follow her on Instagram too. I really liked how you used your brother as an example and inspiration and also how you used the picture from his blog on here. I do agree with the previous comment, I would place the pictures throughout the post for visual references so we know what you are talking about, and maybe change up the layout. After all we are going to be posting on here all semester, might as well make the blog look nice!
Here is the link to my entrepreneurship story, http://blogpostsbyalo.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-entrepreneurship-story.html