Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 4 Reading Reflection

       My favorite thing about this weeks reading was the take it took on the concept of creativity and all that makes it up. The different forms of creativity that different people exhibit mastery in more than others was what surprised me the most. It was fascinating to have someone finally explain why that is because for so long I too have wondered if there's a reason as to why I feel a lot more creative and free when it comes to the art of dancing and writing over visual arts. Two friends of mine which I hold dear to my heart are probably one of the most creative artistic beings I've ever met and I know that every time I tried to really dive into sketching or painting I would almost always end up writing or drawing out a word. This was what I loved the most about the chapter was that it emphasized the differences in arts and talents which connects back to this class. This surprised me as it really did connect back to the class because it emphasizes how different people have different skills which can all be helpful and identified in order to use them for future entrepreneurial opportunities.
        As a sociology and psychology double major I especially appreciated the part that spoke about left and right brain analysis as a perspective on creativity. Also it's always exciting to have different subjects studied connect and in entrepreneurship so far I've been able to incorporate both sociology and a little bit of business but now also psychology. I didn't really find anything confusing or anything that I would've left out from what the author was writing as I felt it was all really informative and a cool way of reading about entrepreneurship. If there were any two things I would want to ask the author it would be:

1. Do you think there will ever be a time in the future where we'll be able to use the maximum potential of our human brain? Imagine all of the products us as humans would be able to think of and actually create with the advances in technology.

2. Could creative exercises themselves be seen as entrepreneurial opportunities in order to create exercises for people with disabilities?

No comments:

Post a Comment