This chapter focused on the representative traits and characteristics that a true entrepreneur embodies similar to entrepreneurs mantra and spirit previously discussed. The most eye-opening and even moving thing about this chapter was essentially the mention of the "Dark side" of entrepreneurship. Similar to the connotation of the word "dark" the dark side was explained as the major factors and variables that are potentially put at risk when living the life style of an entrepreneur. If you've ever heard of the saying "you have to fail your way to success" then you have a basic idea of the Dark side. The interesting part about this chapter is how it goes in depth about the potential domino effect that any new idea, plan and creation of a product could cause. There are many different things at stake from money, time and even family stability (in different aspects) this however was also something that confused me because I bet I would feel extremely conflicted about having to take such crazy risks.
Another interesting and very true thing this chapter touched base on was the mention of a comfort zone in many people's careers. As a sociologist I love looking into any sort of social activity and it is true that often times many people resort to mundane routines and the comfort of stable jobs over going out and chasing their dreams for the sake of benefits of stability and on the business side, for potential investors.
Something I really appreciated about the chapter was also about how it mentioned how to communicate and ensure effective work from any employers which starts with dealing with stress and being able to communicate anything in an efficient way. I find that any and all hard working people also need and deserve time and space to recharge their batteries and this chapter did a good job of touching on those issues. I think I would potentially ask the author if they ever knew of any story of an entrepreneur that never managed to ever arrive to success because it really is a scary possibility. I
No comments:
Post a Comment