Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Elevator Pitch No.3

Hey guys,

If you've been following from my latest idea napkin, I have made a very big change on the product I wish to sell. It's essentially a networking service that aims to attend to the needs of an under appreciated group of the audience especially on a college campus. It's called "Makeup Meet up" where any person in need of an up-do can get in touch with a free-lance makeup artist within 20 seconds with just one click. It'll work like Uber connecting a person with an employee in a fast and practical matter to schedule a meet up for an up-do on that special night of formal, dance or theater performance or any special occasion as cheap as $20. It'll benefit both the employee allowing the free lance makeup artist that has a lack of opportunities in a college town to continue to work on building a portfolio as well as giving a person that special look that important night.

Reflection:
From my last reflection even though a lot of the feedback was finally a lot more critical, it did have to do with the last product I was selling. I do want to start by saying I was so happy to finally have more specific guidance as to what I had to work on. I have to work on being less fidgety with my hands as well as standing straight. I did my absolute best here but again all constructive criticism and feedback is welcomed. I also ask that everyone be as honest about my product as possible. I really did take a risk by changing my idea to something I valued because I didn't feel in any way passionate about my last product. However, I understand that it does focus on a very specific group and that's where the risk comes in, but in line with the entrepreneur's mantra and values, it's important to take risks and I definitely did!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy-
    I really like your idea. How much would people pay for your service?
    I thought that your elevator pitch was pretty good! I liked your hand motions and it seemed to me that you talked rather naturally. Overall, good job on your new idea and elevator pitch.
    Our elevator pitches are not really alike, except for the fact that we are both trying to create a service to college students. Here is the link to my elevator pitch: http://kwallaceent.blogspot.com/2016/03/elevator-pitch-no-3.html
    Good job!
    Katherine Wallace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a very good job on your pitch. I feel like this is a type of thing though that you might have trouble getting to make a profit because of the narrow pool of consumers with such specific product. I do however see it being utilized not only by college students, but high school girls getting ready for homecoming or prom. If you expand the demographics you're looking at, you might be able to make a larger profit off of the company. You can see my blog post at: http://saraheverts.blogspot.com/2016/03/elevator-pitch-no-3.html

    ReplyDelete