Hey guys, here are my unfair advantages!
Artistic: What's great about the company is that it is created on the foundation of artistic value. Make-up-meet-up values art in its complete expression and application. This company is aimed to help anyone get dolled up whether it be for a theater production, sorority formal, dance recital, etc.
Good environment: This company creates a good and safe environment for people to interact and share their passion for art as well as provide a literal safe environment in which each employee is required to have a full background check conducted as well as checking the car employed.
Beneficial (win-win): Make-up-Meet-up provides benefits for both employee and the client. It promotes opportunities for the under appreciated make-up artists by allowing them to build a network and strengthen their personal portfolios. On the other hand it offers the practicality of having a make-up artist come to the comfort of your home with their products to help a client accomplish the look they want for a low price. This company provides a win-win for both the employee and client.
Exclusive: The process to get this service is done in a way that gives the client the comfort and practicality of having everything done in the comfort of their home without having to leave anywhere. It's a personal make-up artist and session delivered to you! What wouldn't be exclusive about that?
Cheap: This resource is valuable as it makes Make-up-Meet-up affordable to absolutely anyone. It is rare because first of all there isn't a single service like this anywhere in the world. No company has hired free-lance make-up artists to use their products (which are usually expensive) to then drive to a client and work on them for as cheap as $20.
Practical: The practicality of this business is valuable by the way it facilitates a meet-up in which a client receives a whole make over by having a make-up artist come to them or meet halfway depending on what they decide. Again, this is a networking platform which gives the business flexibility.
High quality products used: From the previous post I mentioned how Sephora would be the supplier and all of Sephora's products are entirely high-end and the best quality.
Specific Audience: This company is special because it aims at attending to the needs of a very specific and overlooked audience that may be especially neglected in a college town. With Make-up-meet-up's networking platform however, it provides many opportunities for both an audience and employees.
Shapes interpersonal skills as well as professional: The interaction and relationship between a make-up artist and their client will require the utmost professionalism as well as appropriate application of interpersonal skills to allow the client to feel entirely comfortable, trusting of their make-up artist but more importantly, safe from any kind of threat.
Can be franchised across the nation: Similarly to Uber, once this company get's going it could easily get to growing which makes it rare, valuable and inimitable.
Reflection:
I think my top resource is the exclusivity and beneficial relationship between a make-up artist and client of the whole company. The way this company functions by having a person provide this service in the comfort of the client's very own home makes it very exclusive and enhances the experience to be very personal and shared in order to fortify those networks established. After all, this is a networking platform that is aimed at attending to the needs of people who value art and are in need of help to create the look for that one theater production, dance recital, formal or prom. I know I've already repeated this but it truly would provide a win-win for both the employee and client in the most exclusive, comfortable, trusting, safe way for the client. I feel all of my resources previously mentioned are all entirely valuable, rare and inimitable.
Wow, I love this idea! I personally have started to love makeup, and Sephora is my favorite store! I would most definitely be interested in this service. I think all of your points are clear and concise and backed up with strong details. I believe your business could really take off once you get started especially in a college town! Good job and good luck! Feel free to check out my post: http://rachelecarter.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-unfair-advantage.html
ReplyDeleteHey Cindy! I don't really know that much about the makeup industry but I do know about how important it is for special occasions because of my older sister. I think this idea could be great because you provide a service where people can use stylists they trust through building up relationships with the clients. Check out my post at: http://sowersent3003.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-unfair-advntage.html
ReplyDeleteGood evening Cindy... I also do not know very much about the makeup industry, but I love your idea! It is very creative and I think is a hit.
ReplyDelete