Sunday, April 24, 2016

Final Reflection


     After reading through my blog, as I recall my experiences of the highs and lows, one thing that sticks out to me the most about this formative experience was how many people I was able to meet despite the fact that this course was entirely taken online for myself. One experience I will remember years later was how joyous I felt about deciding to change my project to a whole other company which was that of Make-up-meet-up.  Another experience I'm most proud of was the activity of handing out 5 free dollars. It was just a really odd and funny experience. 
     From the beginning to the end of this semester, I have remained very adamant about trying to emulate the qualities of the entrepreneur and incorporate its mindset to anything I do. Due to this I feel I can say I do feel closer to have developed an entrepreneurial mindset. One recommendation I would make to the students who are going to journey down this path in the future is to never underestimate the availability in your schedule meaning one should never take time for granted and leave things for later. Especially in this class, I have found myself leaving things to last minute and that truly disrupts progress and productive/efficient time management. 
     To do best in this course I would definitely say, stay on top of all your work and stay updated and active in networking. That is the best way to foster this entrepreneurial mindset, surround yourself with people who are passionate about what they do and often times you'll see that it's because they are their own boss and truly passionate about what they dedicate their time to.



2 comments:

  1. Cindy,

    I'm also an online student, and I hadn't thought about the fact that we went out and interacted with a lot of people this semester. Sometimes I get involved with other students though group projects, and that's nice, but I don't think I've ever been forced away from my computer to go out and meet people in any other class. Cool.

    Free money is an odd one. "Hey, you, can I give you this dollar for no reason?"

    It's admirable you changed your concept (I assume because the first one wasn't working or wasn't inspired). Fearless is certainly an entrepreneurial quality, and I think it takes guts to change your course. I also agree that staying on top of your work is key to making the grade in this class--you can see my post here: http://adventuresinent.blogspot.com/2016/04/its-final-reflection.html. Beyond that, if someone is already naturally networking, thinking about chances to incorporate connections into assignments makes life easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy,

    Great discussion! I agree in that if there is one thing I can take away from this class, I was able to gain connections with outside and local entrepreneurs. This has helped me to foster a mindset focused around innovation and creation. I found the two short interview exercises to be the most beneficial because the entrepreneur I had the interviews with was able to see my improvement over the semester. Here's the link to my final reflection post if you'd like to check it out:

    http://gregneatrours.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete