Sunday, April 10, 2016
Week 13 Reading Reflection
This week's reading was on "the valuation of entrepreneurial ventures". This chapter focused on the valuation of business and the best times as well as factors to consider when determining the value of any business or venture. The one thing I was confused on or did not understand was the topic of ESOP meaning the employee stock option plan or profit sharing plan for employees. I didn't understand if this was a service offered by the employer or something that employees create for themselves as a form of security. The most interesting part which was also the most surprising topic of the reading was the topic of the emotional bias of the seller. Again, as a sociology and psychology major anything that has to do with the human condition or the emotional identity of a person is something I'm very interested in. I found it incredibly interesting that the emotional bias is even something that is considered when establishing the value of a business. If I had a question for the author it would be what makes due diligence questions so specific to due diligence? Also to explain the covenant part? I don't disagree with anything the author said.
Labels:
Week 13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment