Hello again,
If you haven't already make sure to check out the blog post titled "World Biggest Problems" in order for you to relate back to everything below or so that you can at least get to see the other 5 of the world's biggest problems. Also I truly feel all 10 were very serious so doing this was pretty hard.
Rank-Ordering the World's Biggest problems: (Most to Least serious)
1. War and Terrorism
2. Human Trafficking
3. Rape culture
4. Poverty
5. Racism
Rank-Ordering the Solutions: (Most possible to Least possible to Implement)
1. Poverty
2. Racism
3. Human Trafficking
4. Rape culture
5. War and Terrorism
Justification of World's Top 5 Biggest Problems:
As a sociology major it might not be a surprise that each and everyone of the problem's I chose had to do with culture and human behavior that involves major defect. Let it not be confused however that just because I didn't chose global warming and water crisis or economic collapse and healthcare does not mean that I view any of them less serious. However, I do feel that the most serious issues have to do with matters relating to disrespecting human life and basic human rights. Each one of these problems emphatically disrespects and invades on the basic rights of a person and human life. War and terrorism, human trafficking and rape culture majorly minimize the value of human life to a point where its almost disgusting. As corny as it might sound, it truly disrupts the balance of nature as it literally strips society of the basic human rights to freedom, peace and tranquility. This also happens in poverty and racism alike minimizing people to certain classes or races making it even harder to live in peace cross culturally and globally.
Justification of the Most to the Least possible solutions to Implement:
This was definitely the hardest part because each of these awful problems have solutions but even those solutions require generations worth of education and effort. The reason I put poverty as the easiest of all issues to solve is because I highly doubt there isn't enough money in the world for everyone on this planet. I feel that due to social discourse and social class we have poverty thanks to the 1% of power which practically owns everything. My point here is, there's no way there isn't enough money in the world for everyone to live with the basic needs. The reason I put racism as the 2nd most easy to implement is because I truly feel that future generations will be a lot more accepting of differences in race and color among gender and even sexuality alike. Human trafficking and rape culture were equality just as difficult for me to rank because I felt they were both horrible issues and I feel like none of them could really ever be solved. The only thing that made rape harder to solve in the end for me was because sometimes Rape tends to have a mental side of it where the rapist may just be a really sick person in the head. This psychological issue sometime is just something that person is born with and therefore it is a lot more difficult to attempt to control for such a variable when coming up with a solution to implement for this problem. War and terrorism I feel is least possible solution to implement because like racism, war and terrorism has existed since the very beginning of time. If it wasn't with human nature and survival of the fittest then it was with other societies and cultures. War and terrorism is a deeply embedded act that may even be laced with a sense of pride to admit that one might be wrong or to just accept that there are much better ways of solving global issues.


Hi Cindy!
ReplyDeleteWOw! I really enjoyed your choices and reasoning for all of these. I also find it interesting to see how different people perceive different issues and alike issues. I took the stance on the more environmental side before the human behavioral side because I saw the earth, which is the only place that we have access to live on, as quite literally dying slowly. What will happen to humans when there are no more resources such as healthy food, air and water on our planet... it's a scary thought. I agree with you on every issue you chose, I believe a lot of the social inequalities will begin to work out as our generation and the one to follow enter middle age. Great read! Here's my post if you're interested! http://kellyquinnart.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-5-world-problems.html
Although our lists differed in some areas, I like your explanation of your choices and how they relate to human rights and human life. Many global issues can be resolved, or at the very least reduced, by changing the way we treat one another as individuals. I too ranked war and terrorism as my number one problem and most difficult solution to implement. Conflict has been embedded in human culture since our existence began. Solving this issue is by far the most complex of any problem facing the world today, in my opinion. Check out my list at http://mrufent.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-5-world-problems.html.
ReplyDeleteHi Cindy! I liked your realistic approach when it came to both ranking orders. Also, I think your GIF is perfect for the situation. It’s unfortunate, however, how hard peace is to attain. Your justification for ranking poverty as the easiest problem to solve makes sense. With people like Donald Trump, who has god knows how much money, the wealth can most likely be spread out. Also, ranking war and terrorism as least likely to be implemented is reasonable, as you explain. Because it is so overarching, and politicians are never honest, it’s a problem that is hard to solve.
ReplyDelete