Existing Market:
For my first interview, I interviewed Galiana Gaetan a fashion merchandising major and these were her thoughts.
For my second interviews I interviewed Isa Perez, a journalism major currently interning for college fashionista and writing for elite daily. Her video was one of the missing ones. Isa Perez felt that one thing we weren't doing that we should be doing is finding a way to ensure the customers of the safety of this service. As well as this, one thing she said that was extremely insightful was to consider the time's for the services available or what kind of constrictions to place in order to ensure the safety of the employee's alike. When I asked Isa about the ideas for what I planned next from the post with the explanation of incorporating the opportunity to sale products she said that would be a good idea however to really think about how that extra service is offered without imposing. For example, she said maybe in the app, before finalizing the request maybe an option could pop up asking if that would be something the customer would be interested in.
For the third interview, I spoke to Yurian Escobar a make-up guru based out of Miami and California. Yurian is currently in California and resorted to sending me the interview answering the questions specified but still has not. As an overview of what she was going to say I recall her mentioning that one thing we weren't doing that we should be is finding a way to really market this company/idea on a bigger level. She said it's very easy for a company like this to get lost and that maybe finding a way to have Uber partner with us would be beneficial. I found it to be entirely helpful to really consider such a partnership. As for my idea on the incorporation of selling products she also mentioned finding a way to partner up with Bellami hair (extensions) and even products such as the Kylie Lip kit which are hard to obtain as a product that would really appeal to clients.
Reflection: As for their feedback each had something entirely different which I found very relevant and helpful in perfecting this idea. Galiana mentioned the incorporation of a delivery service of just the products alone in a "bundle" which could be sold off the app. Isa Perez recommended reviewing the possible hours of the day that this service could be offered. Yurian included partnerships with bigger already very powerful companies that value make-up art in order to have them market this company and idea before we could branch off to be our own. I also forgot that she mentioned the incorporation of colored eye-contacts from Desio eyes which are based out of Italy and often times very difficult to obtain. I do feel that including all of these as well as the international company would be a good direction to take Make-up-meet-up.
New Market:
For the new market I had in mind I thought up of three. I considered the military, athletes and the magazine world. Galiana however mentioned that the magazine world, fashion and the make-up world were all too similar for that to be an option so I was down to the military and athletes. The military was an option that I felt would be the most difficult to work with given that my experiences as an army brat have always been abroad overseas with limited resources in comparison to here in the actual U.S. I did however think of maybe discounts for the military or maybe finding a way to market this app on military bases for those special events such as the the army, air force, navy and marine corps ball. I think maybe in exchange the military could help provide a service for vetting the prospective make-up artists/drivers as a way to help provide those background checks. This however was hard for me to do because getting an interview from the people I know are all on another continent.
I resorted to athletes and again, I have none of those videos.
The first athlete I asked was swimmer Dorka Balla. Dorka's thoughts on my idea and how it may apply to this market was that she felt the convience in the app for athletes would be specifically for competitive athletes who travel nation wide. On the nights of award ceremonies or special banquets this app could be found really helpful to them in such occasions. She also said maybe a good way to target this market would be by having certain famous athletes or even sports clubs endorse our idea and hopefully have this company be able to sponsor an athlete in the future. I didn't in any way predict that a partnership like this could be an option and I thought it was a really good one too. It would take this company to a whole other target and level and it would only further heighten the convenience of this service which is at the heart of it's purpose.
The second athlete was cheerleader Chloe Murphy. I did feel this sport would be a little more bias towards the market given that makeup art is obviously valuable to this type of sport. However I still asked for her opinion as it is equally valid. Chloe informed me that she's even competed in Germany and went to Europeans. Chloe said for cases like that maybe the app could incorporate tutorials specifically for sports makeup from gymnasts to cheerleaders. I found this to be a super exciting new idea cause it would be a way to incorporate some fun and entertainment on the app.
The third athlete I interviewed was soccer player Joan Elise Hoefsloot. Joan is currently in Holland and she felt that an app like that was something completely unheard of specifically in Europe. It's definitely a reach but being able to take this company to an international level would be a dream. As well as that Joan Elise felt that something that athletes really value is waterproof make-up but more importantly skin care for the constant sweat. When I asked her about the tutorials she said maybe tutorials on at home skin care or even things that could be done quickly specifically when on the road would be a good idea.
The three athletes offered great ideas to optimizing the service and it's value. Dorka's idea of researching into partnerships that could lead to sponsorship or having a famous athlete promote our brand for marketing purposes would be great for business. Chloe's idea of heightening the customer experience from even the use of the app as far as adding entertainment and fun through quick tutorials seems to be a wonderful way to add more interaction on the app. Joan Elise, similar to Chloe mentioned the value of skin care for female athletes and how quick on the go home remedies could be good for tutorials as well.
Hi Cindy;
ReplyDeleteI took the liberty to view your previous business videos and Idea Napkins and I must say your business idea seems very on track. I like how you approached your market and your 'outside' market and the thoroughness of your post. Congratulations, keep it up. You can take a look at my post here: http://ent3003cesaralfonzo.blogspot.com
Cindy,
ReplyDeleteYour post was executed extremely well. You included the video recording and provided a very in depth, thorough analysis. The new markets you targeted were obviously really thought out and it showed. You seem to be very open to constructive feedback and I believe that is a trait that will separate you from the pack and allow you to attain a great deal of success. Keep up the good work and check out my blog http://stefankostas.blogspot.com/2016/04/what-next.html
Hi Cindy,
ReplyDeleteI feel you on that no memory on your phone problem. I had to use my laptop instead, which was awkward. It stinks that you couldn't get your other videos too, but hey life happens. For your new markets, I think you got pretty creative in thinking of military and athletes. Yes the military would be a bit more difficult, but I think that if you were to follow through with it, it could be a great new market.
Check out my blog here: http://blazedbananas.blogspot.com/2016/04/whats-next.html
Hey, Cindy. First and foremost, you were very thorough in doing this assignment even without all of the videos posting. You seem to have a very good grasp on your business concept and what you plan on doing next. Your diversity of your interviewees was also cool to see. Nicely done and keep up the good work! Unfortunately, I didn't do this assignment, but here is the link to my blog: http://nika-uf-ent3003.blogspot.com/
ReplyDelete