Thursday, February 11, 2016

Idea Napkin No. 1

1) You. Who you are. What your talents are. What your skills and experiences are. Also: what are your aspirations? Specifically regarding your business concept, how do you see this business (if you were to start it) playing a role in your life?

I am a sociology major hoping to be able to incorporate both forensics and fashion design into my professional life. I feel I'm a talented writer, dancer and I do think I have really good interpersonal skills that help when it comes to working on a team. My aspirations aside for the previously mentioned goal is to write a book and travel all over the world. Most of all, I just want to be the best person I can possibly be (as corny as that may sound) I find it very true when they say "don't just be a success, be of value" and that is definitely something I want to live by. I see business playing a role in these aspirations as helping me develop the comfort of taking risks and starting from nothing to something similar to any entrepreneurial journey. For this business specifically I see it playing a role in my life as it leads to is a realistic need and a good opportunity for further exploration.
 
 
2) What are you offering to customers? Describe the product or service (in other words, how you'll solve customers' unmet needs). 

I am offering a service that will aide in the difficult times of extreme weather conditions by meeting the needs of those who need to be able to still uphold specific daily routines such as grabbing your mail even in a blizzard. 


3) Who are you offering it to? Describe, in as much detail as possible, the demographic and psychographic characteristics of your customers. Think especially of this question: what do your customers all have in common?

There are two distinctly relevant customer type needs that my product meets. The first being that of the elderly who are bedridden or potentially injured. These clients can be found across the entire nation making it a consistent and dependable market. The other market which incorporates the variable of season is that of those living in places that experience extreme weather conditions specifically in the winter. This market would primarily be based in the North East. 
 
4) Why do they care? Your solution is only valuable insofar as customers believe its valuable to them. Here, explain why customers will actually pay you money to use your product or service. 

Costumers will believe its valuable not only because it'll meet and unmet need but it the way in which the product is integrated into the home is retrofittable not only being a solution to your problem but also by raising your home value. Therefore, the costumers will be benefiting from this product both directly and indirectly. 

5) What are your core competencies? What sets you apart from everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else has? 

What sets me apart from everyone is my easy adaptability as I am a third culture child who was raised living an overseas life moving from country to country since the age of 9. Another thing that sets me apart skill-wise is that I speak three languages. Lastly and more importantly, I'm really passionate about social harmony and constantly questioning epistemological roots of knowledge. As a sociology major and someone who cares deeply about the well-being of the individual (as much emotional, mental and physical) I care very much about helping others.

4 comments:

  1. Great blog post! I found it very interesting to read about your background and your product! I think its a great idea even though I do not fully understand the service/product. How it would work? What exactly is it? Being from the northeast myself I definitely see how products designed to make life easier in the snow would be useful. It seems every year we get a massive snow storm that makes daily life very difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://agubernikoffent3003.blogspot.it/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

      Delete
  2. This is a great post. I think your background provides you with some knowledge that many other people can not gain without having lived a life like yours. Also, you product sounds very useful. I am not sure how the product would work, or what it exactly entails. I would like more information on the actual product. Overall, I think this is a great idea, I just think you need to explain the product or service so that people actually know what they are buying and if it would actually work against these extreme climates. The link to my idea napkin it below.

    http://luissoto93.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to figure out what prompted the creation of your advisory service idea. It is something that seems very unorthodox for a business venture. Anyway, as a fellow liberal arts major (political science), I can see the benefit that you might want to accomplish through this product. I personally went in a different route with a monetized application for politics that can be found on my blog: http://entspring16.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete