Sunday, February 14, 2016

Week 6 Reading Reflection

        This week's reading was very heavy on economics. Due to this, I had difficulty with understanding various topics such as the concept of exploiting and the ways in which companies use it to benefit from. Also, I was a little confused over the discussion about the SWOT analyses and how it really functions for a company. I was really surprised to read a little bit more on patents and I think something that really stuck out to me was how even something like patents have expiration dates. It only emphasized the grander life metaphor about how everything has an ending (even if that isn't exactly relevant in this case) but still it really surprised me because it added on to the already risky job of being an entrepreneur. The most interesting thing to me about this reading however was the mention of the five factors that truly move a person toward success. There isn't anything I disagreed on in this reading because again it's hard for me to understand economics therefore I don't feel like I have enough knowledge to even question the author's credibility. If there's anything I could ask the author it would be about the five factors towards success and ask what would be the hardest one to really master? Also I would ask about economics and how much he feels a person really needs to know about it to really be able to succeed or if that isn't exactly a limiting factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment