If I were to tell the students of next semester's entrepreneurs I'd remind them never to underestimate anything. Don't underestimate anything from the importance of this class or it's assignments or even your ability to get things done and reach your goals. I know that my biggest challenge was staying on top of my assignments and to be honest, I very well know how much it sucks to be losing points because they really are petty points to be losing and so for the next semester I want to let everyone know to stay on top of their work and their projects. Even though this was my biggest challenge I did have really good things come out of this course so far that are displayed through my tenacity to get things done and improve on my weakness. Some simple skills that can help you to be tenacious when taking this class also starts with something as simple as checking your week's assignments every Sunday that way you can plan for the rest of your week which is the second step. Stay productive, every time you want to go on a netflix binge at the middle of the week use netflix as a reward. Watch one episode for every 1 or 2 assignments you can get done ahead of time. I personally like to approach work like that sometimes in order to give my head some space to relax and breathe while also progressively getting work done and being productive. Another skill (which I guess isn't really considered a skill) is letting my roommates know about the things that I need to get done in order for one of them to be my accountability partner throughout the week to help me stay on top of anything and everything. From dance practice three times a week to other courses' homework and a social life, accountability partners are like checklists out loud and it has proven itself to be a very effective technique. Taking initiative and starting my work ahead of time, asking my roommates to be my accountability partners or just pre-screening for future responsibilities I need to attend to are all ways that I describe the tenacious attitude and mindset.
Sunday, February 28, 2016
Half-way Reaction
Hello,
If I were to tell the students of next semester's entrepreneurs I'd remind them never to underestimate anything. Don't underestimate anything from the importance of this class or it's assignments or even your ability to get things done and reach your goals. I know that my biggest challenge was staying on top of my assignments and to be honest, I very well know how much it sucks to be losing points because they really are petty points to be losing and so for the next semester I want to let everyone know to stay on top of their work and their projects. Even though this was my biggest challenge I did have really good things come out of this course so far that are displayed through my tenacity to get things done and improve on my weakness. Some simple skills that can help you to be tenacious when taking this class also starts with something as simple as checking your week's assignments every Sunday that way you can plan for the rest of your week which is the second step. Stay productive, every time you want to go on a netflix binge at the middle of the week use netflix as a reward. Watch one episode for every 1 or 2 assignments you can get done ahead of time. I personally like to approach work like that sometimes in order to give my head some space to relax and breathe while also progressively getting work done and being productive. Another skill (which I guess isn't really considered a skill) is letting my roommates know about the things that I need to get done in order for one of them to be my accountability partner throughout the week to help me stay on top of anything and everything. From dance practice three times a week to other courses' homework and a social life, accountability partners are like checklists out loud and it has proven itself to be a very effective technique. Taking initiative and starting my work ahead of time, asking my roommates to be my accountability partners or just pre-screening for future responsibilities I need to attend to are all ways that I describe the tenacious attitude and mindset.
If I were to tell the students of next semester's entrepreneurs I'd remind them never to underestimate anything. Don't underestimate anything from the importance of this class or it's assignments or even your ability to get things done and reach your goals. I know that my biggest challenge was staying on top of my assignments and to be honest, I very well know how much it sucks to be losing points because they really are petty points to be losing and so for the next semester I want to let everyone know to stay on top of their work and their projects. Even though this was my biggest challenge I did have really good things come out of this course so far that are displayed through my tenacity to get things done and improve on my weakness. Some simple skills that can help you to be tenacious when taking this class also starts with something as simple as checking your week's assignments every Sunday that way you can plan for the rest of your week which is the second step. Stay productive, every time you want to go on a netflix binge at the middle of the week use netflix as a reward. Watch one episode for every 1 or 2 assignments you can get done ahead of time. I personally like to approach work like that sometimes in order to give my head some space to relax and breathe while also progressively getting work done and being productive. Another skill (which I guess isn't really considered a skill) is letting my roommates know about the things that I need to get done in order for one of them to be my accountability partner throughout the week to help me stay on top of anything and everything. From dance practice three times a week to other courses' homework and a social life, accountability partners are like checklists out loud and it has proven itself to be a very effective technique. Taking initiative and starting my work ahead of time, asking my roommates to be my accountability partners or just pre-screening for future responsibilities I need to attend to are all ways that I describe the tenacious attitude and mindset.
Labels:
Week 8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hello Cindy,
ReplyDeleteI like the background you used for your blog! Your reflection was a great explanation of what it takes to be in a class such as this. This is a unconventional class, so your advice to never undrestimate yourself is something that I mentioned in my post, too. This is a challenging class that requires more action than concept so I think your post provided helpful ways on how to balance this class.
heres the link to my post: http://leadingthechange.blogspot.com/2016/02/half-way-reflection.html