Sunday, February 28, 2016
Week 8 Reading reflection
This chapter wasn't particularly my favorite as it discussed topics such as debt and equity, being that I'm a sociology major my knowledge of anything concerning finances is pretty limited even from my own personal life. The thing that stood out to me the most about this chapter was the mention of investments as a very important part of any business venture, start up and growth. It surprised me how essential of a role investments play in any business' function but also how its a precursor to debt investments. Debt investments are those investments that essentially have a lot of interest attached to them as they are paid off little by little. The most surprising part was how interest could essentially either make you or break you as a company. The one thing I was a little confused on was the mention of the different banking types pertaining to the theocratic countries. I did agree with the way in which Islamic banking functions works a lot better with sustaining a business project. I don't disagree with anything the author said, I would ask the author if there's any kind of charts that would help to display the differences in present day starting from the past 10 years to see the difference in effective banking comparing theocratic banking countries and their counterparts? I would also ask if the author believes if at any point would the world ever have a banking system that exists without borrowing money?
Labels:
Week 8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment